Life is a whirlwind of storming uncertainties. And in this case, nothing is guaranteed with absolute safety, not even your life. The same thing holds good to your driving license as well. In fact, driving in traffic needs more than just knowing the operations of the machines and mechanisms controlling the vehicle. And having a license is a must when you come down on the streets. Thus, losing a driving license just won’t do. Individual requirement of skills vary from person to person and hence, there are different categories of licences for different types of skilled drivers. Be it of any category, loss of a licence is always problematic and you would want to get rid of it at the earliest possible opportunity.
|Application for new driver's licence|
How you could have lost your driving licence:
Problems are many and you could have lost your driving licence by any of the following ways.
- 1. Mutilation: This is a very common method of losing your driving licence. Those who have actually lost their licences in this way can realise the seriousness of the problem. Troubles seem to be never ending. Although there are means to get a duplicate driving licence, one should always be careful not to lose the licence in this way.
- 2. Theft: Not uncommon too, burglaries and thefts often result in the loss of some of your most important documents, including the driving license. Retrieving your licence is not always possible and thus, you end up in woes.
- 3. Fire: Disasters may be responsible for the loss of your driving licence and after all, a loss is a loss. All you need to do is to get a duplicate driving licence.
It is highly recommended to keep the photocopy of your licence, along with the particulars of licence. You should keep each and every particular regarding your licence noted, so that you do not face greater troubles during a loss. It would be easier to locate about your licence particulars from the record. However it is not always possible to keep the record due to personal reasons that may vary from person to person. In such cases, it is advisable to get a fresh licence instead of duplicate of the old licence.
In case you apply for a duplicate licence, all you need to do dis to approach the issuing authority. Your particulars will be verified from the previous records. The duplicate licence will be valid as the previous licence. The original issuing authority is entitled to issue the duplicate licence.
All that you will require to get a duplicate license:
· Application in Form LLD.
· FIR/NCR of the lost licence
· Challan clearance report from Traffic Police (in case of Commercial licence renewal).
· A Fee that may vary from place to place
· Self-Declaration of Physical Fitness.
· Attested Copy valid address Proof.
· All photo copies to be attested by Gazetted Officer
If you can furnish all these documents in the proper hour of need, you can get back your right to drive the vehicle once again.