How to link Voter card with Aadhaar card
We all know that voter card and Aadhaar card are two very important documents used as identification proofs and various other purposes. But from past few years duplicacy of voter card is being noticed on a regular basis. As a result of that Aadhaar card were introduced containing all the biometric information in it. This was solely done to get rid of duplicate documents and to provide people something which can help them is showing their identity as well as address proof at the mean time. Apart from this government had also introduced many schemes and plans for the welfare of people and also to spread awareness about the importance of Aadhaar card. Aadhaar card made compulsory for many schemes, just to make more and more people enroll for their Aadhaar card.
|How to link Voter ID Card with Aadhaar Card|
As Aadhaar card contains the bio-metric information of the candidate therefore there is no chance of duplicacy there because bio-metric information vary from person to person. Well it doesn’t mean that with the introduction of Aadhaar card, all the other documents are useless. All the documents have their own importance. Recently government have started a new activity, that is to link voter card with Aadhaar card via NVSP. This is an initiative taken by Indian government to remove duplicate ID cards. Just to remove fake entries from their database they have started this campaign of linking voter card with Aadhaar card. this process of linking voter card with Aadhaar card is also named as EPIC-Aadhaar seeding.
Indian government have set up many portals to start the process. This is how it works:
Portal seeding(self seeding): This is an online portal and candidate can visit the portal and can get it done by himself/ herself. The data which needs to be entered is your voter ID number along with your Aadhaar card number and your registered mobile number.
SMS: This facility is provided just to make things easier for the candidates. They just have to send a SMS to link their voter card with Aadhaar card.
Call Center: Various call centers have been established for this process. Candidate just have to call one of the executives and provide them the detail required for the process.
Well voters can themselves do the same via online portal. They just need their:
- Aadhaar card number.
- Voter card number.
- Registered mobile number.
After providing these details you will get a one time password on your mobile number. You have to enter that in the portal and your work is done.
It doesn’t matter whether you belong to Punjab or Delhi, Uttar Pradesh or Mumbai. You are an Indian and you can do it from anywhere and at any time.
- Just visit the official page for aadhaar card linking.
- Fill in the small registration form with all your details. Make sure to check your details twice before moving further.
- Next to providing details you need to click on search button.
- If the details provided by you will be correct then, you will see your details right there on the screen.
- After that you will see an option saying “Feed Aadhaar Number.”
- Click on that option to open it up.
- Just fill in the correct details needed there like your name in Aadhaar card, voter ID number, your Aadhaar card number, mobile number etc.
- After entering all the details check once and then submit them.
- After submitting the details you will see a message on the screen saying,” your request for linking Aadhaar number with Electoral Roll database have been successfully registered.”
This was just the one process. If you wish then, you can also opt for other options of sms and call centers also.